Impulse Buy
Well, there's my application in at the Immigration Bureau. A nice cool wet day for a trip together into Chiba and for once we didn't leave our umbrellas on the train.
Also the place wasn't too busy. You just can't plan trips there to be 'easy' in my experiece. Go when you would think no-one would need their services and the place is packed out with worried gaijin clutching forms and you sit there for hours. Go again in a peak week in summer for travel and it's deserted.
Once I have a ticket from the Immigration Office 'queue machine' I usually go up to the City Information Office library on the next floor and copy some statistics so these trips are never wasted for me. That's what we did today, and then got a bite of lunch before out number came up.
Later in Sogo I made an impulse buy - a new party dress for Edera! I saw it in the sale and I thought that it was 'just her' - the shape, the colour, everything. So I made her try it on then and there and it looked even better than I thought.
Now we'll have to find some parties to go to eh? In England it would be no problem - perfect for noisy Saturday nights out dancing or taking in a meal in a nice pub or restaurant. But what here? No one down in leafy Chiba-ken goes to rowdy parties or am I missing something? It's the kind of thing that nice young ladies might wear to give a piano recital or to go to tea with their professor.
Anyway - if you have a noisy party planned and want to invite us feel free! Now we have the dress we need an excuse to wear it!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home