Little House in the Paddy

An Englishman who once lived in the countryside in Japan researching the development of a nearby city, enjoying his choral activities and observing the behavior of local people. Sadly he died of heart attack on the 14th July, 2011.

Sunday, August 07, 2011

A Break from the Past

Today I’d like a break from the past. Here is a photo from our walk yesterday.

You can see the stream running through limestone rocks. It’s an amazing view and this is one of the places where Iain used to walk as a child or a young man. I can see now why he became a geographer. Ewbank Scar is an interesting name. It sounds like lots of sheep falling off the cliff!

Rev. Mugo has been kind enough to take me on a variety of walks in the late afternoon whenever possible. I suppose it’s a burdensome task to look after someone who has just lost her husband yet she’s been so good to me. Thank you Rev. Mugo. I cannot say that enough. Also, thank you Iain. Because of your Buddhist practice you knew many people, and they have been so kind to me. Last but not least, thank you readers for your support. If you have your own blog, please let me know. I’d like to read yours as well!

posted by Edera

2 Comments:

At 6:52 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Edera - after I have read your new note today, I wanted to send you the following verse....

they say it only takes a minute
to find a special person
an hour to appreciate them
a day to love them but
an entire life
to forget them

There is so much truth in these words. Like I said in an earlier comment - Iain is still around, still causing havoc, we just can't see him, that's all!! Susan R

 
At 3:58 pm, Blogger Iain said...

Susan - thank you for your comment. Yes the verse strikes me so true.

Susan I have to apologise to you. Iain told me on the phone on the 12th to send you an email to tell that he was in hospital. He said you are one of his readers and are very nice person. I looked for your email address but haven't been able to find it.

I'm very happy now that I can talk with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Travel