A 'sitting place'
One web site that I visit daily (see here) is featuring a short series of photographs of sheds at the moment. It reminded me of some pictures that I took recently down at Kure.It is what used to be - I guess - a standard navy 'sentry box'. Perhaps it is or was a standard across the army here too. I've certainly seen some rather like it, if not so antique, dotted around various factory gates in Chiba.
I took the picture because it struck me as a perfect design for a small meditation hut. "Dont meditate in draughty places" said Keizan and here is a small but comfortable space to spread your zabuton and place your zafu or seiza bench out of the wind and rain but still in the 'open air'. And if your legs are past all that and you have to use a chair like me, plenty of room for that in there too. And on spring or autumn afternoons plenty of sunny corners for any sun seeking felines to look in and keep you company.
In Japan I think that the 'mozzies' would soon find you if you didn't burn insect repellent as well as incense but I'd like to try one of these in northern England. Of course you would have to think about 'aspect', especially in a more open places like moorland. It would be nice to face south west but the direction that the rain comes from in Britain.
Maybe I'll run a tape measure over one and get my tools out soon.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home