Little House in the Paddy

An Englishman who once lived in the countryside in Japan researching the development of a nearby city, enjoying his choral activities and observing the behavior of local people. Sadly he died of heart attack on the 14th July, 2011.

Monday, August 08, 2011

Day 5 - 11th July

Monday, 11th July

In the morning Iain said he felt fine so we decided to go to the National Railway Museum in Shildon. We quickly had breakfast, packed lunch and left home at 8.30 to reach there well before 10. He always made sure to arrive much earlier than the appointed time. It’s because even if the car breaks down there would be plenty of time to make it in time. I drove there with his navigation.

We checked in and scraped rust off from an engine, well properly speaking in Ian’s terms a Fletcher 901 Class 2-4-0 No.910 (I think). He walked around the engine happily and took a lot of pictures. We had lunch and worked until about 3.30 p.m. I was quite tired by the time we finished so he drove us back home. While I was cooking dinner he came to the dining room and said how nice it smelled. I was happy to hear that although actually he ate only about half of the hamburger steaks. That night, he started to feel pain on his left shoulder near his neck. He said the pain in his upper arm seemed to have gone down towards his hand and we wondered what was going on. During the night he woke up several times and at one time when I touched his head, I thought he had a temperature. Stupidly I thought it was caused by the cold. That night he was restless, and breathless at one stage. When he slept he snored and sweated a lot. He asked me to press his left arm gently and when I did he said that felt really good. I was worried and wished the morning would come quickly so that we could go and see the doctor.

posted by Edera

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Travel