Little House in the Paddy

An Englishman who once lived in the countryside in Japan researching the development of a nearby city, enjoying his choral activities and observing the behavior of local people. Sadly he died of heart attack on the 14th July, 2011.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Multi-tasking

I've gone through the whole of this year - so far anyway - without picking up a either a saw or a screwdriver in Japan. I did pick up a hamme last week, but that was to break a window for a neighbour who had locked herself out so it doesn't count. Breaking windows is un, I wish I'd done more of it as a child.

Suddenly I feel slightly guilty about this, it's not like me to not have any building or carpentry projects on the go. It's because I've been so busy with my studies, somewhere I've lost the ability to 'multi-task'. I can't keep more than one thing in mind at a time.

However did I manage to steer a course through those hectic days at the office? It's a mystery to me. Is being busy with more that one thing at a time even good for us? We think it's a talent but maybe we don't give tasks the energy they deserve.

Anyway, thinking about it I haven't been entirely lazy. When I was in England in March I really worked hard decorating and fitting shelves and new doors and the like in our new house. In fact I needed a good rest when I finally made it back to Japan. And I don't suppose my tools will remain rusting in their box much longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Travel