Little House in the Paddy

An Englishman who once lived in the countryside in Japan researching the development of a nearby city, enjoying his choral activities and observing the behavior of local people. Sadly he died of heart attack on the 14th July, 2011.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Running on the water




This morning we went to Blackpool. (For the benefit of Japanese readers, Blackpool used to be a very popular seaside resort famous for its tower and the ballroom underneath it, called the Tower Ballroom as well as the illuminations in the autumn.)

I can imagine my junior high school students asking, “Ballroom? Room for baseball? Or basketball? Room with lots of balls? “ Well in this case it means a huge room for formal dancing. This ‘ball’ came from Latin word ‘ballere’ = to dance.

However what I’d like to tell you today is that I saw a young man running on the water! I’d never seen such a thing before, certainly not in Japan.

First I saw someone in a plastic sheet or something but suddenly it became a big ball covering him up and he was standing on the water. I was so curious that I went there to take a close look. By then he was already out of the ball however Rev. Mugo talked with a man who was mending holes in another ball and she asked if it was possible for a repeat performance. He was once again sealed into the ball and there you go, he was running and splashing on the water. Afterwards we talked to this cool young man.

His name is Daniel. According to him a lot of children try running on the water during this summer. It’s only £5 for ten minutes. Why not try once? If I had been wearing a T-shirt and shorts, I definitely would have given it a try! Iain would have approved.

posted by Edera

1 Comments:

At 3:34 am, Blogger The Draughtsman said...

Yeah, Iain would certainly approve. Try it sometime!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Travel